Craftsmen of Leather
A Unique Company to the World
Atelier du Bracelet Parisien is a craft company, certified as Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant (Living Heritage Company, or EPV), run by a family of two generations. ABP's reputation, its interests and even its reason for being is based on its rare, unique character in the world of saddler leather craft.
All products are created in the Parisian workshop boutique. ABP offers literally anything about watch straps, watchmaker's services (revisions, repairs, new and second hand watches) and also leather goods (small leather craft, belts, bags, skins and more). Customers can choose from an extraordinary range of leathers, tannings, colors, forms and thicknesses.
The Story of ABP
Jean-Claude Perrin, world-famous in the universe of the wristwatch since he had participated in the creation and development of both most important factories for watch bracelets in the industry that supply many prestigious Swiss watch brands: Camille Fournet and Creations Jean-Claude Perrin.
In 1966 Jean-Claude Perrin marries Régine Fournet, the niece of the founder of the Camille Fournet brand, and both leave their native Champagne region to settle down in Paris, joining the family company where Jean-Claude will become its Manager. Afterwards, the couple leaves Camille Fournet to launch their own Creations Jean-Claude Perrin company, which has been sold to an industrial group two decades later.
Jean-Claude Perrin, after having experience in the industrial production of luxury watch straps, then decides to dedicate himself to his passion, the custom-made watch strap. He turns then to an exclusively private individual by creating in 1997, at 7 Rue Saint Hyacinthe in the 1st district of Paris, a small workshop boutique of 50 square meters with an extraordinary concept because it was unique in the world: amateurs and enthusiasts of watchmaking could come along to compose their own bracelets among fifty different leathers and tannings, some hundreds of colors, and especially by choosing exactly the place in the skin which will be used to realize their bracelet.
The concept is successfull, but strong of its experience, Jean-Claude Perrin refuses to fall again into the trap of the industrial production which hijacked him from the passion for the benefit of the management and of the administrative. Then, he surrounds himself successively with his wife Régine, with their son Yann, with his brother in law Dominique, and with a reduced team of craftsmen.
A few years later, the company, always, and determinedly human-sized (14 persons), moved 150 meters for a bigger workshop boutique where one can see the craftsmen working, located at 28 Place du Marché Saint Honoré in the 1st district of Paris and offers the following services:
- In-stock and custom-made watch straps
- New and second-hand wristwatches
- Watch engraving, polishing, repair and revision
- Small leather craft, belts and bags
- Accessories for multimedia and telephony
But the real added value of ABP lies in the unique customization offerings:
- More than fifty species of animals and materials: alligator, python, ostrich, calf, anaconda, Nil perch and shagreen to name only a few examples
- Hundreds of colors and finishes
- Tens of bracelet types, from the most classic to the most technical including inserts, manufactured according your measurements, with millimeter precision
- About ten thicknesses are possible
- More than 600 colors of thread, types and thicknesses of sewing
- Tip shapes, edges, keepers, sport holes, plates, double or triple circle, custom-drilling of holes (as opposed to the standard row of holes) are additional elements that will make your ABP bracelet a unique piece in the world